This RWDW, don't miss out on the opportunity to:
- network with REAL designers
- visit one or more work environments/client sites
- ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask
- learn about a new city (or more about your current one!)
- hand out your personal business cards
- dress like a professional and look sharp - show everyone you’ve got great style
- take photos of yourself during your shadow day (share them with your folks and ASID)
... Oh yeah! And what about the chance to find yourself a job or an internship?!
Registration opens on September 15.
There is no cost to register for Real World Design Week. Participants must be ASID members in good standing.
- Register early for Real World Design Week as shadow days are self-selected online through a first-come, first-served process.
- Contact your shadow day host shortly after you register to introduce yourself.
- Be sure to participate in the Prepare and Position online seminars, and practice what you learn in these educational sessions.
- Arrive early to the work location.
- Dress professionally (unless otherwise instructed by your shadow day host).
- Take photos of the event to show your class and also send to ASID! (Ask permission to take photographs.)
- Keep client and project information learned during shadow experience confidential.
- Don't treat the shadow day as an interview — this is an observational learning experience.
- Do not expect payment from your shadow day host for time spent at the work location.
- Do not expect reimbursement from your shadow day host for costs incurred in traveling to the work location.
2014 PROGRAM PARTNER