Frequently Asked Questions - Special Membership Statuses and Incentives
- Managing and Marketing your Business
- Interior Design Lifecycle
- Starting Your Business
- Marketing Your Business
- Managing Your Business
- Planning for the Future
- Business & Design Tools
- ASID Contract Documents
- Business Resource Library
- Design Practice & Career Development
- Earning Professional Credentials
- ASID RealWorld DesignWeek
- Product Certification Programs
- Design Blogs
- Design-Related Organizations & Web Sites
- Products for Designers
- Codes & Standards
- ASID Appellation
- About your Membership
Special Status for Professional and Allied Members:
- Professional or Allied Inactive: If you are not practicing interior design but want to continue your involvement in ASID this status is for you. Dues are $325 annually and the status must be renewed each year. Download an application here.
- Professional or Allied Retired: If you are at least 65 years of age, have been a member of ASID for at least 20 years and no longer practice interior design, you are eligible for retired status. The cost for this status is $100. Download an application here.
Other incentives for ASID members:
- Share the Love: A member who recruits a new member will receive $50 voucher to use on membership dues or in the ASID Store. The new member must indicate the recruiter name/member ID number on application for credit. Go to www.asid.org/share for more information.
- NCIDQ Dues Waiver: Active Allied members who notify ASID of NCIDQ passage within one year will be given their first year of Professional dues for free. Email proof of passage to email@example.com.
- Faculty Advisor: If you chose to volunteer your time as a Faculty Advisor, you will receive a discount of $150 for serving as the Faculty Advisor to your ASID Student Chapter. This discount is not available to Allied Educators, Professional Educators, or Educator Partners who are already receiving a discounted dues rate as an educator member.
- ASID Benevolent Fund: The ASID Benevolent Fund distributes grants to individual ASID members who are experiencing a catastrophic life situation including, but not limited to, a medical crisis or natural disaster. To apply, you must be a practitioner, industry partner or student member in good standing. Requests for assistance are accepted on a rolling basis via the standardized submission form here along with official documentation that verifies the crisis in question. The National Examiners Committee is responsible for distribution of benevolent fund bequests. All applications are considered in confidence.
You may also request any of the applications listed above by contacting ASID headquarters by phone at (202) 675-4456, by fax at (202) 546-3240, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.