Student Chapter Event of the Year
The ASID Student Chapter Event of the Year award highlights one innovative program developed primarily by and for ASID student chapters/members. The award is designed to recognize unique, productive, carefully conceived events that embrace basic interior design skills. The ASID Student Chapter Event of the Year will be recognized nationally through ASID publications and at an awards event to be held at an upcoming industry event.
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The ASID student chapter president or appointed chair must complete the online submission application to be considered for this award. To be eligible, a chapter must have served as an active ASID student chapter during the 2013–2014 academic year. All nominations must include the following:
1. Completed online application form
2. An essay (500 words maximum) describing the following:
• The event, specifically:
• How was it unique?
• How was it productive?
• How was it carefully conceived?
• How did it embrace basic interior design skills?
• The people involved, for example: Susan Johnson, ASID student chapter treasurer, outlined all event costs and coordinated sponsor/donation letters to ASID Industry Partners.
3. A maximum of five photographs with brief descriptions to support the essay
4. Appendix materials, including invitations, newsletters and any other supporting documents that highlight the chapter’s successful year
All entries must be received by midnight EST on Monday, March 24, 2014. Late entries will not be considered.
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), composed of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. ASID SAC members serve as highly qualified, dedicated judges.
The chair of the ASID SAC will notify the award recipient in writing no later than April 20, 2014.