Faculty Advisor of the Year
The ASID Faculty Advisor of the Year award acknowledges an exceptional and innovative educator who has provided an ASID student chapter with inspiration and guidance. The ASID Faculty Advisor of the Year will be recognized nationally through ASID publications and at an awards event to be held at an upcoming industry event.
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Nominate yourself or someone you know by completing the online submission application. All nominees must have served the ASID student chapter during the 2013–2014 academic year and must be in good standing with the institution that hosts the student chapter. All nominations must include the following:
1. Completed online application form
2. An essay (500 words maximum) describing the following:
• How the faculty advisor provided support for the ASID student chapter, including any initiatives the advisor recommended and guided your chapter through during this past year
• The specific ways the faculty advisor demonstrated his or her dedication to the student chapter
• The faculty advisor’s efforts to promote ASID as a professional chapter
• The ways in which the faculty advisor encouraged student involvement with the professional chapter
3. A maximum of five photographs with brief descriptions to support accomplishments detailed in the essay
All entries must be received by midnight EST on Monday, March 24, 2014. Late entries will not be considered.
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), composed of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. ASID SAC members serve as highly qualified, dedicated judges.
The chair of the ASID SAC will notify the award recipient in writing no later than April 20, 2014.